Angelstruck — First seen in Angels' Blood.
Angelstruck is a condition in which humans become dumbfounded with awe at the sight of an angel. About five percent of the population was born susceptible to the phenomenon. A medication to combat the effect had been discovered, but most people didn't want to be "cured.". 
Symptoms / Characteristics Edit
- Staring up dumbfounded
- Frozen in place and incognizant of other things going on around them. 
- Pure adoration, worshipful and blind. A devotion that turned angels into gods.
- literally enthralled by the sight of angelic wings. 
- Elena lost her innocence, eighteen long years ago—the camera had cut to an image of the speaker as he was angelstruck and she'd come close to throwing up.
Events in the Series Edit
This section may have spoilers. Think of the book title as a "Spoiler Warning" if you haven’t read it yet.
On th trail of Uram's scent, Elena got stopped by a rookie cop. She really didn't have time for this. Illium flashed by and the baby cop froze in place, staring up dumbfounded. She ran, knowing he wouldn't come after her.
There were so many angels in the skies over the refuge that she was certain the Angelstruck would think this was heaven. 
- "When I see an angel, I see perfection," one man had said in a recent documentary. "For the fragment of time I spend caught up in their magic, real life ceases to exist and heaven is in my grasp. Why would I give that up?" — 
See Also Edit
Book References Edit