- Previous book: Archangel's Kiss
- Next Book: Archangel's Blade
Offical Sypnosis Edit
Nalini Singh steps back into the shadows of her “heartbreakingly original”* world where angels
rule, vampires serve, and the innocent can pay the greatest price of all…
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…
A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act.
Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders.
The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.
An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…
Full Plot SummaryEdit
Write a summary
- Anoushka: Neha's daughter—craves' power; will never grow into an Archangel but wants to be on the Cadre of Ten. 
- Illium: Angel; one of the Seven—Elena's friend; Blue wings, playfully mischievous; nickname: "Bluebell".
- Nazarach: 
- Neha: 
- Nimra: Angel; leader of her own territory 
- Noel: 
Groups & OrganizationsEdit
Things, Objects, Events, Processes, States of BeingEdit
- Angel Dust: a powder that is shed from angel's wings, can have aphrodesiac properties
- Angelfire: a power ability that a few rare angels possess.
- Anshara: a state of semi-conscious coma allowing an angel both reason and deep rest.
- Bloodborn: aka Angel of Blood—A form of insanity that all angels have potential to fall victim to. Uram, an Archangel, suffered from this. Thought to be caused by a surfeit of toxin in angel's blood used to Make vampires.
- Contract: Vampires sign a Contract for 100 years of servitude to an Angel as the price of being Made.
- Glamour: the ability archangels have to hide themselves from sight, not widely known to humans
- Made: After a vampire is turned by an angel he is called Made—the term is used synonymously with Vampire.
- The Quiet: when an Archangel is in a state of being where he or she is ruled by an area of the brain without mercy, becoming totally emotionally cold—they don't snap out of it easily.
- Scent-Lure: the ability of a few vampires that can emit a scent so decadent and powerful that lures prey to them.
- Sleep: When an Ancient Archangel puts himself to rest in a secret hidden location—he or she may awaken centuries later.
- Vampire Necklet: device for capturing, taming, and transporting vampires—used by Guild Hunters.