Cellars — First appears in Angels' Blood.
The Cellars is a subterranean network so old, it dated to the time of the first American Guild. It is used as a safe hiding place for Guild Hunters. This shelter was designed to hold even if a hunter was forced or coerced into bringing an enemy inside. Each branch has it's own version of the Cellars. At the heart of the New York branch, headquarters for the entire US, is Vivek's bunker. Vivek is the Cellar Manager. He runs everything in the Cellars from his high-tech wheelchair.
Purpose / FunctionEdit
- Hide Hunters
- High tech info hub
- Vivek, "Vee"
- Guild Hunters
- Vivek 
- Elena Deveraux 
- Ashwini 
- Kenji — downtime in the Cellars.
- Rose — downtime in the Cellars.
Characteristics / Attributes Edit
- Subterranean network
- There is a stash of weatherproof torches for use in navigating the tunnels. 
Physical Description / Features Edit
- It's a concrete, metal, and earth jungle to get to the doorway to the Cellars 
- The doorway is all twisted up with graffiti, and numerous bullet holes—backed up by eight inches of pure steel.
- At the entrance to the Cellar is a beat-up looking keypad for Hunters to code in. 
- Entrants are scanned by retinal scanner for identification after the first set of doors.
- After a second set of doors, inside solid steel cubicle, they're scanned by several lasers seeking weapons, even any biological or chemical weapon.
- The L.A. branch has hidey-holes in the elevator shaft—small cubbies-connected, but too cramped. 
- Vivek loves languages—so the Hunters and Vee play a "Guess what language this is" with Vee's various greetings. 
Other Associated Characters, Groups, Places, Objects, etc. Edit
Events in the Series Edit
This section may have spoilers. Think of the book title as a "Spoiler Warning" if you haven’t read it yet.
0.6. "Angels' Pawn" Edit
Sara sends Elena to the Cellars to hide from Dmitri. Ashwini is taking a break in the Cellars. Elena gets some information from her. Kenji and Rose are in the Cellars, just downtime, they can both help Sara and Ransom break into the Tower to find out about Ellie.
See Also Edit
Book References Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 13–15
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 15
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 38