Neha — first appearance in Angels' Blood.
Character Description Edit
Neha is the Archangel of India, mother of Anoushka and mate of Eris. Twin sister of Nivriti and aunt of Mahiya. In her homeland of India, snakes were worshipped as gods and Neha was worshipped as the Queen of Snakes. She is a member of the Cadre of Ten.
The Queen of Poisons rules India as exactly that, a Queen. Gracious and loving of her own people, this Archangel has a serious cold streak fuelled by hatred and treats her enemies with icy calculation and ruthlessness.
- over 3000 year old
- Was Lijuan's ally before her insanity
- Uncertain in future War
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Nails can grow into talons.
- Poison 'whip'
- Controls snakes
- Ability to make non-venomous snakes into venomous ones.
- Able to create poison glands in non-poisonous species
- Has mastery over some elements—power has grow to include it
- The Cascade gave her the power to create fire and ice and to control ice and perhaps others that are, as of yet, unknown.
- Highly skilled with a sword
- Highly skilled at dual bladed combat. 
- dual blades
Occupation / Position / Title Edit
- Archangel of India
- Cadre of Ten
===Territory / Residence / Location / Habitat / OriginsEdit
- Neha was one of the few who continued to keep a court. 
- Neha would have killed and kept killing until someone confessed. It wasn't the best way to get to the truth - but then, the Queen of Poisons had never had a rebellion in her lands.
Ruling Style (for Archangels, ruling angels)===Edit
- Cared for her people 
- Loved her people, would sacrifice for them:
- Neha was one of the few members of the CadreLink title who treated human children as precious. Any resulting orphans when she ended adult lives grew up in the lap of poisonous luxury, the memories of their parents' agonizing deaths wiped from their minds.
Character / Personality / Traits / Motivations Edit
- Cool in tone.
- ruthless 
- kills those who disagree with her, leaves a trail of bodies in her wake
- seldom loses a battle of wits
- a social creature who values her connections around the world
- demands subservience, but does not respect it
- filled with vindictive hatred
- questionable sanity since the death of her daughter
- loved Eris too much to kill him, hated him too much to forgive him
- wanted Jason as her new consort
- One admired for her refined grace even with a one's final breath.
- Neha has black hair and brown eyes. Her wings are a cool white with indigo filaments.
- nails elongate into deadly claws
- wings of a cool white with indigo filaments
Love Interests Edit
- Daughter: Princess Anoushka
- Twin Sister: Nivriti
- Niece/Ward: Princess Mahiya (raised her)
- Spouse/Mate: Eris
- Made: Venom
- Allies: Lijuan
- Enemies: Nivriti, Eris
- left a trail of bodies in her wake. To disagree with Neha was to die.
- sets in place a plan to turn Raphael’s vampires against him
- responsible for the murders of children Betsy and Celia
- determined to lure Jason away from Raphael
- only angel to choose the human marriage ceremony
- kept her husband Eris imprisoned for over 300 years
- kept Mahiya to punish those who had betrayed her
Biography / History Edit
Born as the older of twins, Neha is over 3000 year old. She grew up competing with her twin, Nivriti, and under the watchful eye of their vampiric nanny.
She fell in love and married her consort, Eris, which is a rare thing for angels to do; but was betrayed by both him and Nivriti when they had an affair and produced Mahiya. She imprisoned him for the rest of his life (around 300 years) and strictly controlled his visitors. As for her sister, Neha was rumoured to have executed her but really left her to die in an abandoned palace. She raised Princess Mahiya to spite the people who betrayed her, but also because she has her own sense of honour.
When her daughter, Princess Anoushka, is executed (Archangel's Kiss) for her breaking of angelic laws Neha starts to hate the members of the Cadre that performed the killing, yet is bound by her own warped honour.
Neha hires Jason, tying him by blood to Mahiya, in Archangel's Shadow to unearth the truth of Eris' murder. He causes the discovery of an alive Nivriti and Neha is confronted by her hate-filled sister. They fight and Neha is affected by Nivriti's power, which is similar to her own.
Other Associated Characters, Groups, Places, Objects, etc Edit
Events in the Series Edit
If you want to avoid spoilers, think of the book title as a "Spoiler Warning" for books you have not read yet. The purpose of this section is to be able to find things in the series. Please use book References.
0.4. "Angels’ Dance" Edit
Story takes place 400 years prior to the series — The Cadre is converging on Alexander’s territory. Neha and Uram are close and have moved their armies in. They are demanding that Alex show himself. 
0.5. "Angels' Judgmemt" Edit
Cadre meeting on new Guild Director—Bristled that Uram did not attend the Cadre meeting. Elijah assured her that he forfeits the right to question our decisions—hat soothed her. she asked for the mortal, Simon to be brought in. The invited him to begin by asking if he wished to retire. She was not happy the Simon did not answer every question claiming neutrality. 
Cadre meeting on the hunt for Uram — closed her hand on the other Michaela's shoulder. Said they must hunt Uram, he can't be allowed to indulge his new appetites—the humans will fear us as monsters. Reported that doctors results say that Uram's blood is poison. She also sent a sample to Elijah—who confirmed the results. Raphael says the Hunter is tasked with tracking Uram, he will execute him. They all agree then leave. Raphael tells Lijuan that Neha would be beside her if death is what made a goddess. Lijuan says it also takes giving life to make goddess. Raphael says he hears them debating how to divide his territory.
Cadre meeting Uram's territory — Raphael says he hears them debating how to divide his territory. She says of course not, "We were speaking of Uram's successor." She speaks with an elegant trace of sarcasm to Michaela. "Does your landlust know no end?" The byplay between Neha and Titus, sweet poison against granite will.
According to Michaela, Charisemnon had told her that Neha had received an invitation to Lijuan's ball. Raphael speaks with her on long distance wide screen communication. She pets snakes while they talk. He asks if she's heard anything that might help with the hunt. Titus and Charisemnon have closed their borders—none of her people can get in or out. Favashi mentioned something about losing a few of her older vampires. She says she'll let him know what her daughter, Anoushka, finds in her search for who left the head on her pillow. 
(a Main Character)
Raphael was working out a combat session with dual blades on the lawn of his estate remembering how used to spar with Neha, the only one with the skill. He regrets  Participated in a teleconference of the Cadre called by Titus; missing were Lijuan and Charisemnon; sitting in was Caliane. Titus presented evidence of Jariel's murder, done by a fire that could only created by one of the Cadre. After looking closely at the ash, she agreed Archangel fire was the cause. She made acerbic comments about Illium. 
See Also Edit
Book References Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Archangel's Enigma, ch. 6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Angels' Judgmemt", ch. Cadre of Ten (prologue)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Archangel's Kiss, Bk 2, ch. 19
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Archangel's Enigma, ch. 39
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 5
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 12
- ↑ 0.4 "Angels’ Dance", ch. 11
- ↑ Angels' Blood, Book 1, ch. 39
- ↑ Archangel's Kiss, Bk 2, ch. 6
- ↑ Archangel's Kiss, Bk 2, ch. 20
- ↑ Archangel's Enigma, ch. 17